To do this, we must ask applicants and employees if they have a disability or have ever had a disability. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we ask all of our employees to update their information at least every five years. BuzzFeed is committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive work environment, starting from our application process. From our annual diversity report to our Employee Resource Groups, we make diversity a centerpiece of our hiring practices and employee experience. Part of that is allowing candidates to voluntarily complete the following survey that assists in our efforts to ensure equal employment opportunities globally. Part of what makes BuzzFeed a pioneer in digital media is our commitment to exploring new ventures that lead to spreading truth and joy.
- Read more about the contract highlights, or read the full second contract.
- Not all content that the Library has archives for is currently available through the Library’s website.
- If your piece focuses on taking care of your mind and body, Wellness is a section that covers mental health, self-care, personal health, body image, fitness, and human behavior.
- 43% of employees think that Huffington Post has a positive business outlook.
- I’d say ‘don’t write just to get published’, but if you are doing just that (because let’s face it, that’s what we’re all doing) then make sure your post is REALLY GOOD. It should offer something to the readers.
Why don’t you send a general pitch email to Arianna? I sent an email to Arianna, so I’d advise you to go that route. However, many of those who used the form to pitch were published too, so it’s really up to you. Our editors will review what you’ve submitted and determine whether to revise the article.
Rights & Permissions
The collective bargaining agreement includes major gains on pay, protections of journalistic integrity and a platform for the editorial staff to have an ongoing voice on the job. If you’re suffering from writer’s block or have no time to write a brand-spanking-new article tailored to perfection for HuffPost, you can send in a post (you’re super-proud of) and you’ve already published on your blog. From the beginning, The Huffington Post also provided news updates, and in mid-2007 it expanded its coverage to include business and entertainment.
A Twitter message could be a good way to pass along a quick tip or a firsthand video or account of a breaking news incident. In August, Huffington leaves to form a new online enterprise. By now, Huffington Post has more than 81 million monthly visitors, 13editions around the globe, and more than 1,200 daily posts. In August, the Huffington Post launches an ambitious video network called HuffPost Live.
About This Article
In addition, El HuffPost is one of the most-read newspapers on the Internet in Spain. In January, HuffPost shuts down its platform of 100,000 unpaid bloggers. Instead, it launches two new sections — HuffPost Opinion and HuffPost Personal. The new Opinion section consists of both regular columnists and one-off guest writers, with dedicated editors to produce op-eds. The new Personal section is set up as a spot for essays by guest writers, as well as other forms of person-first material ― features, Q&As and interviews with reporters.
Is HuffPost owned by Verizon?
Verizon has owned HuffPost since it acquired AOL in 2015. Verizon will become a minority investor in BuzzFeed.
To view a piece of content, simply click on its name or cover picture. You can also click Comments to skip right to what other people have said about this piece , or click the other option here to view content related to this piece in some way. Help.huffpost.com to find the answers to commonly asked questions. To ensure that the correct editors are notified as soon as possible, please click the “Report Corrections” link at the bottom of the appropriate article. If the correction does not relate to a specific article, please contact us here.
Popular Related Articles
The Daily Caller is “a 24-hour news publication providing its audience with original reporting, thought-provoking commentary and breaking How To Share Information With Huffpost news.” Website. Researchers should consult the sites themselves for information about rights, contacts, and permissions.
Additional information is available in this support article. The Library of Congress would like to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified on this website so that we may make the necessary corrections.
I know a lot of bloggers + HuffPost contributors’ recommend you to be acquainted with the editors of the section you’re pitching for, but I didn’t do that. I was following Arianna on pretty much all social media platforms but I had no clue who my section editors even were much less follow them on Twitter and LinkedIn. We believe personal stories can change the world.
- If your story is focused on people, communities, groups, or movements that are working to build a fairer future, then This New World may be the place for it to be published.
- We ask additional questions because we believe it will assist us in improving our diversity, inclusion, and belonging initiatives.
- Below a person’s comment, click Like to show appreciation for their comment , or click Reply to address your comment directly to that person.
- If you have an idea for a news story, or you come across groundbreaking news that needs to be reported, Huffington Post, also known as HuffPost might be interested in publishing it.
- Is collected in aggregate only, for use in anonymized reporting related to our diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Write a professional letter explaining who you are and why you’re contacting them.
- Arianna Huffington, married and living in Washington, begins writing a nationally syndicated political column for newspapers.
Send stories about food, cooking, and nutrition to Food & Drink at Write up your pitch for Enterprise and send it to For example, if you have a food-related story, look for a section that features similar stories. Don’t post any personal or financial information in the forum.
For more information about the history of the Huffington Post, read the timeline below. In 2017, BuzzFeed cut 100 employees after missing revenue targets. Last year, it laid off more than 220 employees, or 15 percent of its work force. Amid the cost-cutting measures, BuzzFeed added banner ads, a form of advertising it once eschewed.
- Huffington Post has a collection of more than 3,000 bloggers who write 300 posts a day and has between 12million and 20 million unique monthly visitors.
- Digital journalism needs size to survive — and even these deals may not be enough to sustain their operations.
- With AOL’s backing – it has injected tens of millions of dollars into the website – The Huffington Post has been able to do much more than give out cardigans every year.
- Don’t post any personal or financial information in the forum.
- The site also has content-sharing partnerships with various other content providers.
As sites pushing false narratives have spread across social media and the internet in general, credibility of news publications has become increasingly important to readers. Regardless of the intent, the fake news phenomenon has led the public to be more skeptical of the news they hear, and more the half of adults view fake news as a serious threat to democracy in the United States. Is your guide to taking care of your mind and body so you can take on the world, both during the coronavirus https://www.wave-accounting.net/ pandemic and beyond. Our service journalism covers mental health, self-care, personal health and medical conditions, body image, human behavior and personality traits, fitness at every level and more. Of wellness culture by approaching each piece with actionable, relatable advice, a compassionate outlook and science-backed facts. We’re looking for a diverse range of voices to write stories for an audience that is paying more attention to their health than ever before.